Jenifer is an Advanced Nurse Practitioner and board certified as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
Areas of specialty:
• Psychiatric - mental health services
• Treatments for children, adolescents and adults
• Incorporated integrative approaches to traditional psychiatric care
• Offers a range of services to meet patient needs
• Treatment for mental health conditions including, mood disorders, ADHD, anxiety-related disorders, depressive disorders, trauma-related disorders and childhood and adolescent behavioral challenges, and more
• Comprehensive psychiatric evaluations
• Medication management
• On-site laboratory services, include pharmacogenetic testing
• Psychotherapy (individual, group and family)
• Psychiatric evaluations
• Individualize care
• And more…
Jenifer came to Alaska in 2008 to work in the rural bush setting. Her primary concentration is working with children, adolescents and young adults, but she enjoys practicing across the lifespan.
Philosophy of Care:
“An individual’s mental health is a strong predictor of overall wellness and quality of life. I believe that many mental health conditions can be treated by addressing the underlying cause, whether internal or external factors. I strive to develop a treatment plan with the patient that will improve mental wellbeing and quality of life.”
Jenifer obtained her Bachelors of Science in Nursing in 2007 through the University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio. She went on to complete her Doctor of Nursing Practice at the University of Missouri – Columbia School of Nursing. She was inducted into the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International in 2007. Jenifer is a current member of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, American Psychiatric Nurses Association and Neuroscience Educational Institute. She also has additional training in trauma-informed care and the ARC Model.
Extracurricular Activities & Personal Interests:
Jenifer enjoys hiking and volunteers for an organization that aims to help parents hike with their children at any age. She spends most of her free time practicing self-care, hiking and fishing on the Kenai Peninsula with her son and dog.